- Your employer controls the money in your HRA
- If you change jobs, your account does not go with you
- Your employer determines whether any unused funds roll over from year to year
For specific information about your HRA, check your HRA Administrator or speak with your employer.
The HRA may only be funded by your employer; your employer controls the account. You can only use the account as long as you work for your employer, and your employer will determine whether any unused funds can roll over from year to year.
You can use the money in an HRA for qualified health care expenses, which can include:
- Copayments for health care provider visits and prescriptions
- Medical and prescription costs that count toward your deductible
- Any applicable co-insurance
Specific rules for HRAs determined by your employer. Check with your HRA administrator or employer to find out the specifics of what you can use your HRA funds for.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts works with several companies to administer HRAs. If your employer offers you access to an HRA, you can follow the links below to get more information or sign into your account. If you are unsure which administrator you have, check with your employer.